Pronotif is a service (online platform) for electronic notification. Its system ensures secure and reliable transmission of legal documents and notices. Pronotif allows the sender to serve documents and notices, while confirming through technology that the content has been received, viewed, or downloaded.
In the following decisions, the Tribunal administratif du logement has recognized the validity of Pronotif:
- Shah v. Edwards-Daugherty 2017 QCRDL 4287;
- DCV Properties v. Biaye 2017 QCRDL 15611;
- DCV Properties v El Hage 2017 QCRDL 15608;
- DCV Estates v. Kammoonah 2017 QCRDL 15609;
- DCV Estates v. Hamane 2017 QCRDL 15612;
- DCV Estates v. Horn 2017 QCRDL 15614;
- Immobilière Montérégienne IMR inc. v. Snoussi 2016 QCRDL 40347;
- Gestion double RR v. Quenneville 2016 QCRDL 42579;
- Immobilière montérégienne IMR inc. v. Colbert 2016 QCRDL 40853.
All transmissions via Pronotif instantly generate a Proof Report that contains a verification audit of the transmission. The report proves the transmission by clearly establishing, through the time stamp and email server confirmation, the exact second the recipients received, opened, and downloaded the email.
It is not necessary for the recipient to open the email in order for delivery to be confirmed. In other words, as soon as the email is successfully received by the recipient’s mail server (i.e. it is in the inbox), Pronotif captures the confirmation from the mail server (the SMTP response) and enters it into the Confirmation Report.
The Report complies with the new Code of Civil Procedure of Quebec, as well as with the rules of procedure of other Canadian provinces and some American states.
In summary, the Report indicates:
- The name, nature, and page number of the documents served.
- The integrity of the documents: this is a computer code that confirms to the recipient that the document was transmitted without any alteration or intrusion during the transfer.
- The name and contact information of the sender and the recipient.
- The date and time (to the nearest second) that the email was received.
- The result of the transmission: Successfully transmitted, Opened, Downloaded, Re-bound, Blocked, etc.
- The SMTP response: The response from the recipient’s mail server confirming the status of the transmission.