Once logged in to ProprioLocation, click on New rental application, located at the top section on the dashboard. It can also be accessed anytime by using the sliding menu to the right.
Are you in the presence of the prospective tenant?
The system allows you to fill in the rental request with or without the potential tenant. If you happen to be with them, click Yes to start filling up the forms. Otherwise, hit No and the candidat will receive the form through email within 24 hours, they will then be able to complete it and return it to you when they are done.
Register the information related to the unit you would like to rent. If you have already used ProprioLocation in the past for the same building, click on Select an address and pick the correct unit. Once selected, click on Use this address to import all of its information automatically. If you are renting a never used address, you can manually write their information in the Apartment for rent section. When you are done with this request, the unit's information will be registered to your account for you tu use at a later date.
Once all the fields have been fill in, and :
- if you are NOT in the presence of the prospective tenant, click on Send rental application. Your part will be done until the prospective tenant completes the application.
- if you are in the presence of the prospective tenant, click on Continue to proceed to the following steps.
Your candidate will have to fill in fields with their personnal information. Their email address or phone number are used solely to do the electronic signature.
Note: The social security number (SIN) is not required, but recommended. It allows us to make sure the individual is truly who then claim they are. Once the SIN has been entered, it won't be visable anymore, thus, it cannot be viewed through either ProprioLocation or ProprioEnquête afterwards.
Your candidate will then need to enter their residencial information and the needed information to reach their current landlord. The more precise the informations are, the better are your chances to get an accurate report. It is recommended to add the previous residence as well if available.
Step 4 is related to your condidate's job information. It is important that as much information as possible is listed, such as the enterprise's address and their hiring date. Such information allows us to contact the responsible department or human resources at a faster pace.
If your candidate does not have a job, they must click on "Currently unemployed". They can then choose why are write down their monthly income.
Once the information have been registered, your candidate will now need to sign the rental requestion. There are three ways in which it can be done :
- By SMS : The system will send a text message to the phone number registered on step 2. The message will contain a string of characters that will sign the rental request if retranscribed in ProprioLocation at the appropriate section.
- By email :The system will send an email to the email address registered on step 2. The message will contain a string of characters that will sign the rental request if retranscribed in ProprioLocation at the appropriate section.
- Using the paper version : If the candidate does not have access to a cellphone or their email, they can still print out the request and sign it manually. Doing so, however, prevents the system from using all the information pre-registered by ProprioLocation on ProprioEnquête.
Step 6 allows you to verify and confirm the registered information one last time to make sure no mistake found its way into the rental request.
Receiving the confirmation code through SMS : A 6 numbers string will be sent to your candidate through SMS. On step 7, there will be a specify area in which the string need to be placed to sign the rental request. There is also a clickable link allowing your candidate to go to the correct web page.
Receiving the confirmation code through email : A 6 numbers string will be sent to your candidate through email. On step 7, there will be a specify area in which the string need to be placed to sign the rental request. There is also a clickable link allowing your candidate to go to the correct web page.
Once the request has been signed, you will receive an email informing you of its completion. The complete rental request will be available through either the email itself, as a PDF file, through ProprioLocation, in the Signed tab, or through ProprioEnquête if your accounts have been linked.